Applications Open for Enabling Accessibility Fund: Small Projects Component 2020
The Enabling Accessibility Fund (EAF) provides funding for projects that make Canadian communities and workplaces more accessible for persons with disabilities. EAF aims to create more opportunities for persons with disabilities to take part in community activities, programs and services, or to access employment.
Eligible organizations can apply for up to $100,000 for:
- small construction, renovation or retrofit of existing spaces to improve accessibility
- accessible information and communication technologies
Priority will be given to:
- projects that improve the accessibility and safety of persons with disabilities in facilities where they work or could work
- construction projects for ramps, accessible doors and accessible washrooms. Note: New to the EAF this year is the use of flat rates for determining the funding for these construction projects. Please read the information sheet for more information on how the flat rate costs work: Flat rate information
This process will provide funding for projects that improve accessibility and safety for persons with disabilities in:
- a facility where persons with disabilities work or could work in the future (Workplace Accessibility Stream); or
- a community space where programs or services are, or will be available for persons with disabilities (Community Accessibility Stream)
Note: You can submit only 1 application. Your project can either focus on workplace accessibility or community accessibility.
To receive funding, your organization must be a:
- not-for-profit (an organization that does not make money for itself)
- business (with a maximum of 99 full-time equivalent employees)
- small municipality (with population under 125,000 as per the 2016 Census data)
- Indigenous organization (including band council, tribal council and self-governing organization)
- territorial government
For more information on the EAF please visit the Employment and Social Development Canada website.
You can apply between June 2, 2020 and July 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm Eastern daylight time (EDT).
For questions, please e-mail NC-HIP-PIP-EAF_ODI-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca.
My team is also happy to answer any questions you may have about the application process, and I will be pleased to lend my full support to support to local project proposals that will improve our community. Please call 519-754-4300 or e-mail Phil.McColeman@parl.gc.ca.
Please feel free to share this information with any and all who may be interested.
Member of Parliament, Brantford-Brant