MP McColeman Seeks Nominations for Canada/Ontario 150 Awards
2017 is an exciting year! We’ll be commemorating Canada’s 150th birthday — a pivotal milestone for our country that allows us to connect with our past, celebrate who we are, honour our exceptional achievements, and build a legacy for tomorrow.
In celebration of the 150th Anniversary of Confederation, I am proud to announce that MPP Dave Levac and I will be recognizing 150 residents of Brantford-Brant who have demonstrated outstanding contributions and good citizenship in our community.
Nomination for this award is open to deserving individuals and organizations including community builders, caregivers, educators, entrepreneurs, faith leaders, emergency responders, good neighbours, artists, athletes, coaches, students, seniors, service clubs, or any other unsung hero who has helped make Brantford-Brant the wonderful and vibrant place it is today.
Here at home, we are incredibly fortunate to have an abundance of community minded individuals who generously and willingly give their time, talents and energy to improve the lives of others... So let’s make sure they’re recognized!
If you know someone who has made a significant difference in Brantford-Brant, please acknowledge their contributions and show your appreciation by nominating them for this special award. The nomination deadline is July 28, 2017!
Award recipients will be honoured at a commemorative ceremony to be held on September 9, 2017.
I look forward to your submissions!
The Canada/Ontario 150 Award recognizes 150 extraordinary individuals in Brantford-Brant who have made exceptional contributions in our community.
- Nominee must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Nominee must be an individual who resides within the boundaries of the Brantford-Brant federal electoral district (http://www.elections.ca/res/cir/maps2/mapprov.asp?map=35013&lang=e) and/or the Brant provincial electoral district (http://www.elections.on.ca/content/dam/NGW/sitecontent/2016/preo/8.5-x-11-maps/ED009-Brant.pdf).
- Nominee must have made a significant contribution to the community.
- This award cannot be given posthumously.
- One cannot nominate oneself.
- Nominations must be supported by a sponsor (nominator) and at least one reference.
- Nominations (and all supporting material) are to be submitted by email, mail or dropped off in person at MP McColeman's constituency office. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Nomination packages will not be returned once submitted.
- All supporting letters must describe the author's direct knowledge of the value and impact of the nominee's contribution to the community as well as the author's perspective about why the nominee should receive this recognition.
- Nominations may include newspaper articles or other materials illustrating the nominee's contributions.
- Nominations must be received by July 28, 2017.
- Completed Nomination Package/Form
- Letter from sponsor (nominator) outlining nominee’s relevant activities/accomplishments (maximum 1 page)
- Letter from reference (maximum 1 page)
- Optional: Supporting materials (letters, newspaper articles, etc.)