New Horizons for Seniors Program – Call for Proposals 2018
Organizations seeking to help seniors make a difference in the lives of others and in our community can now apply to receive federal funding through the Community Based Projects stream of the New Horizons for Seniors Program.
Projects must be led or inspired by seniors and address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Organizations are invited to apply for funding, under the following three national priorities, for projects that empower seniors to initiate and participate in activities that benefit:
- the vulnerable seniors populations,
- focus on diversity of Canada’s seniors; and
- will promote volunteerism to increase an organization’s capacity.
The following organizations are eligible to receive up to $25,000 in funding:
- not-for-profit organizations;
- coalitions, networks and ad hoc committees;
- municipal governments;
- research organizations and institutes;
- educational institutions (e.g. universities, colleges, CEGEPs, school boards/school districts);
- public health and social service institutions;
- Indigenous organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities);
- for-profit enterprises.
- For-profit enterprises may be eligible for funding provided that the nature and intent of the proposed activity is non-commercial, not intended to generate profit, and supports program objectives.
The application deadline is Friday, June 15, 2018.
More information about the New Horizons for Seniors Program is available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/new-horizons-seniors-community-based.html
Organizations interested in applying are encouraged to contact the New Horizons for Seniors Program Fund.
My team is also happy to help answer any questions you may have about the application process, and I will be pleased to lend my full support to local project proposals that will improve our community. Please call 519-754-4300 or e-mail Phil.McColeman@parl.gc.ca.
Please feel free to share this information with any and all who may be interested.