New Horizons for Seniors Program – Call for Proposals 2019
Organizations seeking to help seniors make a difference in the lives of others and in our community can now apply to receive federal funding through the Community Based Projects stream of the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP).
Projects must be led or inspired by seniors and address one or more of the following five program objectives:
- promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
- providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
This year, organizations are invited to apply for community-based funding under the NHSP’s three national priorities:
- preventing elder abuse and fraud, including measures to reduce crimes and harms against seniors;
- supporting healthy aging in the community, addressing dementia, including community supports and intergenerational housing; and
- counteracting ageism in the workplace to promote labour market retention of seniors.
Organizations are eligible to receive up to $25,000 in grant funding, and organizations that have not received funding in the past five years, can apply to receive up to $5,000 in small grants funding.
The application deadline is Friday, June 21, 2019.
More information about the NHSP is available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/new-horizons-seniors.html.
Organizations interested in applying are encouraged to contact the New Horizons for Seniors Program Fund.
My team is also happy to help answer any questions you may have about the application process, and I will be pleased to lend my full support to local project proposals that will improve our community. Please call 519-754-4300 or e-mail Phil.McColeman@parl.gc.ca.
Please feel free to share this information with any and all who may be interested.